Charitable Gift Annuity
Every Afternoon Is A Chance To Change A Student's Future
You can help our students and help yourself by receiving steady payments during your retirement years with a charitable gift annuity.
How It Works
Through a simple contract, you agree to make a donation of cash or stock to Fletcher Academy. In return you receive a fixed amount of income each year for the rest of your lifetime. Or you can choose to send a fixed amount of income to someone else instead if you like.
In addition to providing a gift to Fletcher Academy and receiving fixed payments for life, you also receive these benefits:
- Your initial gift is partially income tax–deductible.
- Your charitable gift annuity payments are partially income tax–free throughout your estimated life expectancy.
- Your payments are not affected by ups and downs in the economy.
- The gift annuity can be for one or two people, so your spouse or another loved one can also receive payments for life.
- If you use appreciated stock to make a gift, you can usually eliminate capital gains tax on a portion of the gift and spread the rest of the gain over your life expectancy.
|Rates for One Life|
|Your Age||Rate of Return|
Your Rate of Return
Generally, the older you are at the start of your payments, the higher your payments. These rates are the maximum rates recommended by the American Council on Gift Annuities and are adjusted periodically.
Ellen, 77, established a $20,000 charitable gift annuity. Based on her age, she was able to receive an annuity rate of 6.6 percent. This means that we will pay her $1,320 each year for the remainder of her life, of which $1,028.28 is tax-free to her throughout her life expectancy. She'll also receive a charitable deduction of $9,824.65 and may save $2,456 if she itemizes on her income taxes and is in the 25% tax bracket. After her lifetime, the remaining gift, often close to the original gift amount, is used to support the mission of Fletcher Academy. And this gift passes through with no probate fees or estate taxes. Considering both the income tax deduction and tax-free return, Ellen's annunity is similar to receiving a 9.48% taxable return. Ellen could have this income start now or at a later date, such as her retirement.
Please Note: This just a representative example of a typical donor. Since your gift annuity benefits under federal rules may be different from this example, please contact the development office as we will work with the professionals at Western Adventist Foundation to provide you a detailed benefit proposal. Fletcher Academy does not have a license to give 'advice' and we always encourage consulting with your professional advisors on how your gifts would fit into your overall tax and financial plans.
Receive Payments for Life
And Help Support the students of Fletcher Academy
With a Fletcher Academy Charitable Gift Annuity, you donate cash or stock to us and we, in return, provide you fixed annual payments for life. The part of your donation that remains after your lifetime supports our school and programs.
If you would like to receive a personalized illustration on how a Charitable Gift Annuity would help you increase your income and make a charitable contribution. Please send us a message by filling out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
To ensure every detail is handled professionaly and legally, Fletcher Academy usually works with Western Adventist Foundation in the management of charitable gift annuities.
- Oklahoma Residents: A Charitable Gift Annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
- South Dakota Residents: Charitable Gift Annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.
- Annuities are not currently available in AL, MD & WA.
- Annuities for CA & IL residents are provided by Pacific Union Conference of SDA.
- Gift Annuities for HI residents are provided by Hawaii Conference of SDA.
- Annuities for all other States are provided by Western Adventist Foundation.