Giving Priorities at Fletcher Academy
There are many areas in which your gift can positively impact Fletcher Academy today. Please browse through the options below to see where the Lord is leading you to give. We solicit your prayers, thoughts and financial support to help us continue to "educate for eternity." Thank you in advance and may God bless you!
Fletcher Annual Fund
- The Fletcher Annual Fund is unrestricted and can be directed to areas with the greatest need and therefore has the greatest potential for impact, giving Fletcher Academy a cornerstone financial security. This is our most flexible gift option generating much-needed funds for the most critical needs: student assistance, improved operations, campus maintenance, and much more.
Student Assistance Fund
- The Student Assistance Fund allows Fletcher Academy to award over $500,000 each year in need based tuition assistance. Over 70% percent of our students receive tuition assistance with the average student receiving over $4500 in finacial aid. We believe that students who are committed to developing their God-given talents and enhancing their relationship with Jesus should not be turned away from Fletcher Academy because of finances. We are committed to having sufficient work and justified financial aid to assist such applicants. This pledge is conditional on the parents doing their fair share, the students' church doing their fair share, and the students working during the school year and if needed through the summer.
Endowed Named Scholarships
- Endowed Scholarships are invested in their entirety in an interest-bearing account, and awards are made from the interest earned from the principal. Your endowment gift will support students for year after year! Named scholarships can pay tribute to a loved one or special faculty member, preserve a family name, or highlight a company presence. Scholarships connect the past, present and future! You may make a gift to one of our existing scholarship funds for the academy or you might decide to establish a new named scholarship. Contact us and we can help find the right one for you.
Capital Projects Fund
- Our Capital Projects Fund is responsible for sustaining, planning and improving buildings throughout Fletcher Academy including all of our school buildings and our key businesses. We rely on gifts from our community to renovate and build facilities, with our current priorities being the renovation of our administration building. We currently have plans to finish repairs on our roof, and install new energy efficient windows. Fletcher Academy is focused on the preservation of our buildings while maintaining our wonderful natural surroundings.
Mission Trip Fund
- Mission Trips happen every year at Fletcher Academy. Through the generous support of family and friends we are able to sponsor a select group of students, staff, and parents, who spend two weeks doing service projects outside the United States. For many years, Fletcher Academy students have traveled to various places to help those with a need. Recently we have traveled to The Dominican Republic, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, and Guyana. We have been building churches, leading out in Vacation Bible Schools, loving on children in orphanages, helping out in dental clinics, and many other activities. Not only have the students made an impact all over the world, but their own lives have been changed by the experience.
Alumni Projects Fund
- Various Alumni Projects happen all the time. For years, on alumni weekend, our generous alumni have decided to fund a wishlist put together by our principal and teachers to strenghen our educational facilities and programs.
Named Department Funds
- We have several specific department funds that are used for supporting certain special programs at Fletcher Academy. Some of the most popular areas to receive this support include: the music department (includes band, choir, bells, and strings) and Acroknights (our gymnastics team).
Captain Gilmer Christian School Fund
- Captain Gilmer Christian School is our elementary school program providing young people in grades pre-K to 8 an opportunity to receive an excellent Christian education.
Sponsoring a Specific Student
- Remember that assistance that is given for a specific student by name is not tax-deductible. Sometimes a donor will make special connection with a student and ask to sponsor that specific student. Contact us if you would like to know about students needing sponsors.
Still can't find a fund that interests you? Contact us for assistance as we would be happy to help.
A History of Giving
Since Fletcher Academy's founding in 1910, God has been impressing the hearts of His generous followers to provide a distinctly Seventh-day Adventist education where spiritual development is bolstered with academic rigor, work skills, and character development that challenges our graduates to have a transforming influence in their world as disciples of Jesus.
Every gift, whether large or small, sends a message that you believe in Fletcher Academy and our students. Whether you are supporting the day-to-day life of our students and faculty or long-term plans to keep our school viable and competitive, your gifts are used carefully and invested wisely. We ask that each person give as generously as possible within his or her means. I can assure you that any gift you make will be greatly appreciated.
Ellen White wrote to Martha Rumbaugh, the first major donor of Fletcher Academy, and said, "I am glad that you have bought the school farm at Naples as a training school for Christian workers. You are investing your means in a righteous cause. The Lord will recognize and reward your liberality." (Letter 100, 1910). Ellen White said, "Sister Rumbaugh has donated this property because she has seen the truth, because she believes the truth, and because she desires to help the cause that she believes to be of God. It is not for the benefit of any one individual. It is given for the advantage of the cause." (Letter 76, 1909).