International Mission Trips
Designed specifically for students, our international mission trips are an extraordinary opportunity for young volunteers to discover the transformative power of missions. When young people take a break from electronics, other familiar comforts, and step into the mission field they can find a fresh perspective on the world, relationships, and God. During the project, students will live in spartan conditions while serving others and coordinating outreach for the local community, and strengthening their personal connection to Jesus Christ.
As a result of our commitment to missions, for many years, Fletcher Academy students have traveled to various places around the world to help those in need. In recent years we have traveled to the Honduras, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, and Guyana. Building churches, leading out in Vacation Bible Schools, loving on children in Orphanages, helping out in Dental Clinics, and many other activities are how our students have been able to make an impact. Not only have the students made an impact all over the world, but their own lives have been changed by the experience.
Thailand Mission Trip 2019
- Dates: February 27 to March 11, 2019
- Location: An Orphanage near Thong Pha Phum, Thailand
- Project Leader: Bill Bass
Thailand Facts & Figures
- Country Name: Kingdom of Thailand
- Capital: Bangkok
- Population: 66.86 million
- Major Languages: Thai (90.7%), Burmese (1.3%), Other (8%)
- Main Religion: Buddhist (official religion) 93.6%, Muslim 4.9%, Christian 1.2%, Other 0.2%, None 0.1%
- Currency: Baht
- GDP per capita: US $5,908
- Climate: tropical with high temperatures and humidity throughout the year.